Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I live in a retirement community that does not have a policy

Customer Question

I live in a retirement community that does not have a policy on the display of flags. Offensive flags are flown on some holidays that display the rebel flag symbol. Severable other retirement communities are nearby-all have policies on restricting offensive symbols in their communities. The HOA board has been approached 3 times and don't feel a flag policy is necessary. Any suggestions on how we should approach this Situation?
Carlton Staten. Surprise,AZ.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** am an Arizona attorney and have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I want to make sure I understand...are you asking if you can force the HOA to enact the policy you seek? Or are you asking strategies for trying to negotiate this?