How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friends Mother want to live in Germany with her Son,s, If

Customer Question

My friends Mother want to live in Germany with her Son,s, If she lives there will she still get her socisl Security from here, Clifornia?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Generally social security recipients can continue to receive their benefits while living overseas.


It is always a good idea to confirm with Social Security in writing, or secure a formal legal opinion from a local attorney (someone that you can hire to review the specifics of your friend's mother's benefits and her move, etc. and provide a formal legal opinion, as opposed to the "general legal information" we can provide here).