LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

My friend was involved in a t and run and unfortunately he

Customer Question

Hi so my friend was involved in a hit and run and unfortunately he was the one who did it. None of the parties were hurt involved but he did get a call from the insurance company. Do you think he will have to go to court if the cops didn't get in touch with him? Thank you
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your friend's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If he hasn't been contacted by the police he will certainly not have to go to criminal or traffic court. But if the accident was his fault and he or his insurance company doesn't pay the damages of the other car, then he may go to civil court if they sue him.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug