Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I have a bench warrant from a missed court date due to a DUI

Customer Question

I have a bench warrant from a missed court date due to a DUI arrest in 2010 in chino hills. How do i check to see if the warrant is still active, i cannot find any info in lasd or lasc, not on either site.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

As a practical matter, if a bench warrant was issued, it is and will remain outstanding until the warrant is executed - - which means until the person is arrested. Warrants never expire. So, it is nearly a 100% chance that the warrant is still out there. The only possibility is if the court withdrew the warrant after issuing it, but that's not likely - and if it had happened - you'd likely know because it would have been done at the request of your lawyer.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

That said, you should be able to call the local court that issued the warrant and ask if it is still pending.....or you could hire a local lawyer to check with the court clerk's office.