Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369

Wife wishes to know 1- if we can bring a 10 pound pre cooked

Customer Question

good afternoon
Wife wishes to know
1- if we can bring a 10 pound pre cooked honey baked ham on board.
We are flying to Provodence from BWI to,or row to attend a 35 reunion party with schoolmates.
I want to know how to package the item if allowed
Thank you
Mario XXXXXX
XXX XXX XXXX
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mario, and welcome!

You should be able to bring a 10 pound pre-cooked honey baked ham on the plane, as long as it can go through the x-ray machine at security. The best way to wrap it would be with heavy-duty plastic wrap and/or in a large sized ziploc bag. You can also place it in a plastic container, after it's wrapped. It can't be wrapped in aluminum foil due to it being x-rayed. Also, make sure there is no gravy or any liquid/gel (as a sauce) with the ham, as that would not be allowed.

Here is a list of acceptable and unacceptable foods allowed on board:

http://consumerist.com/2007/12/28/a-big-list-of-foods-that-you-can-bring-through-airport-security/

It would also be a good idea to check with your airline, as rules vary from one to the other.

I hope this helped and wish you safe travel!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be happy to continue.

Warmest regards,

Cher