Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

I got a call after hours from the escrow officer I am

Customer Question

I got a call after hours from the escrow officer I am recording the sale of my new house and she said there was a hiccup in title. Iam paying all cash and had been told that we were set to record to the best of my knowlege I have no leins and I just closed on the sale of my home It doesntmake sence
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

1. What did the escrow officer mean that there was a "hiccup" in title?

2. What question may I Answer for you ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what the escrow officer meant.I just funded and recorded on my home and the funds to purchase the new property are all with title if there was a lEIN it would have been on the previous sale I am really concerned

Did you buy title insurance when you bought this house ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the house recorded without a hiccup

If you bought title insurance, then you have nothing to worry about. Title insurance insures that you have good, clean title in the property you purchased. Call the title insurance company's office as soon as they open in the morning and tell them that you have a possible claim and you would like to speak to someone about it. If there is something wrong with the title, the title insurance company will correct it and if the problem cannot be corrected, the title insurance company will pay you the value of the house. Trust me, I know what I am talking about because before I opened my own law practice, I was Assistant General Counsel for a major title insurance company. Please leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you today.

Please be kind enough to leave a Positive rating for my Answer. You have already made a deposit with JustAnswer and leaving a Positive Rating will not cost you anything additional. However, it is necessary so that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you. Thank you for understanding. Bonus and Positive Feedback are very much appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I hope I can go to sleep it didn't make any sense to me that this new house should not record since I had no cloud on my previous title

Please let me know if you have any questions or need clarification on how this is accomplished through the title company. In the mean time, please be kind enough to leave a positive rating so that I can receive credit for assisting you and so that I can continue to assist you because without a positive rating from the customer, JustAnswer will not give me any credit for assisting you. Thank you in advance for your understanding,

Please be kind enough to leave a Positive rating for my Answer, otherwise JustAnswer will not give me credit for the time I spent assisting you and Answering your question,

Thank you for understanding. Bonus and Positive Feedback are very much appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA