Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

If a State Dept employee die from dept's negligence, can the

Customer Question

If a State Dept employee die from dept's negligence, can the State dept say, Oh, go to Dept of Labor. You fall under 5US code $ 8116 because at the time of the you were a "Federal" employee?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and Thank you for your question,

I am sorry that you are having so much trouble getting this information from the DMV, although it does not surprise me because I do not know of any clerk working for the DMV of any State that would go to the trouble of looking up the number on the original citation.

I apologize that the note was prematurely sent to you and without my Answer.

The only other way to get the citation number is ***** asking the employer who paid the ticket for you go through his cancelled checks. I am sure that when the check was made out in payment for the ticket, a notation of the citation number was made on the check, so that the DMV would know what the check represented. Your employer at the time can get a copy of his cancelled check and the citation number should be on the check.

​Please let me know if you need further explanation and I will be glad to Answer

Please be kind enough to leave a Positive Rating so that JustAnswer will give me credit for assisting you. It will not cost you anything additional, but it is necessary so that JustAnswer gives me credit for helping you. Positive Feedback and Bonus are very much appreciated,

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Department of State is not the same as the Motor Vehicle Department. Does the name John Kerry ring a bell. I was talking about the Federal Tort Claim Act. Can they have someone who knows the subject matter answer. This is so frustrating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Getting Department of State mixed up with Motor Vehicle Department is not getting assistance. Thank you for answering.

I will be glad to opt out of your question, but before I do, I think I should clarify something. I never suggested that you go to the Department of State, and I am aware that the Department of State has nothing to do with the Department of Motor Vehicles. My suggestion was to ask the employer who paid the ticket to look at his cancelled checks and locate the check that was used to pay for the ticket. I made this suggestion because anyone paying for a ticket would have the ticket number written on he check so that proper credit would be given and that when the ticket came up on the computer, it would indicate that it was paid. If the ticket did not show that it was paid, then the check sent in payment of the ticket would (or, should have had) the ticket number noted on its face to indicate what ticket was being paid with that check. I will now opt out of your question.

ANDREA

Welcome to JustAnswer, I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing so much trouble all around your house. Before I can Answer your question, O need a bit more information, if you do not mind. When you rented the house from the landlord, did the lease state that the rental included the back yard area as part of the lease ?

Thank you and I look forward to your reply,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why am I getting responses regarding DMV and rental situations?