Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I found out my business partner has gone through my phone

Customer Question

I found out my business partner has gone through my phone and my purse...finding my private prescription medication and threatened to throw it away...what can I do?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you interested in your civil remedies or criminal law?

2. Did your partner actually take possession of your medications? Or just threaten?

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She took my phone and looked at my texts when I was working and left it in the back area...she also on two occasions went into my purse, opened a make-up bag to show one of our employees the medicine I have...and threatened to "throw this shit away"...I was told by the person who witnessed both of these acts to be sure to keep my possessions in my watch because this shows this has happened on several occasions...also to even know that I had the medication means she had went through my purse before she even showed the person...because that proves she knew what to look for to show her....this was all done without my permission...and I am thinking some of the mess were missing at different times
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning.

I believe I fully understand what occurred. Thank you. However, I still do not know what you want to accomplish.

Are you interested in making a complaint with police or suing the partner civilly? You asked "What can I do" and that is just too broad a question to know where to begin. For example do you want to know how to terminate a business partnership, your criminal liability if you were to assault her? What is it you want to know about?

Doug