Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I live in Texas and I wanted to know if I am breaking the

Customer Question

I live in Texas and I wanted to know if I am breaking the law, if I can get arrested if I go cruise at night in a gated community: I wanted to go live there. That's why I went several nights in a row to check how safe the place really is at night (loud neighbors? trash on the sidewalk?). I got the code by asking one of the guy living there. I love cruising at night and I love going in this gated community because its quiet and it looks cozy. there is a no trespassing sign. But I never stop or get off my car though. I am not robbing anyone or taking their parking spot either...
Am I breaking the law? Please let me know
thank you
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Yes, if you are not a resident, have used a code that in essence allows you to hack the gate for entrance you are a trespasser.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Gated communities are not public property and do not have public roadways. They are private and owned by the owners of the homes, who pay taxes for that privilege.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you