Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I bought my home under a reverse morage. my sister was given

Customer Question

I bought my home under a reverse morage. my sister was given 3 years to buy me out. I let her live here, withb the house still mine along with utilitite, etc. I moved in with her. she let her kids move in which meant 6 people living in a 3 bed room house. that was not the agreement, with me trusting her I ended up helping her pay bills, bad checks, fast car loans all kind of stuff
the house was never bought so I threw everybody out...it was my house. the amount I loaned her by check was in the amount of over 29000. I live on 1400 a month, my medical bills are over 500 a month. I was left with bad credit. I now pay all my bills on time with no $ to really live on. is there any way I can get my $ back if I have all the checks I wrote to her?....never trust when it comes to $ :-(
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. When you gave your sister all this money was there an agreement between the two of you---either orally or in writing---that she would pay you back the money?

2. If there was an agreement that this would be a loan, what were the terms of repayment agreed on?

3. When did you first start loaning this money to your sister?

Doug

Doug