Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am getting sued trying to find attorney who specializes in

Customer Question

I am getting sued trying to find attorney who specializes in land and tenant matters. I have been trying to find attorney for situation and get some advice. I never been sued before and currently filed for chapter 13 bankruptcy to work toward payment plan to benefit paying everyone off over a period time. My question what do I do I have court date set but I also have my bankruptcy hearing also on the same day I can't be in two places at once both are on Oct 28 at 1pm. I don't show up they are make ruling and they are going garnished my paycheck which is being garnished still as we speak. My bankruptcy made calls to creditors and stop one garnishment already but one is being take out of my check. What am I going to do no win on either side.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What is the debt that you are being sued on? Past due rent?

2. When did you file for chapter 13?

3. Is this an eviction lawsuit or just one seeking money from you?

4. Was the debt you are being sued for incurred before or after the date you filed bankruptcy?

5. Do you have a bankruptcy attorney?

6. What is the bankruptcy hearing for on the 28th?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call. Let me know if you don't want a call and I can continue here with an answer.

In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

Doug