Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. What is the debt that you are being sued on? Past due rent?
2. When did you file for chapter 13?
3. Is this an eviction lawsuit or just one seeking money from you?
4. Was the debt you are being sued for incurred before or after the date you filed bankruptcy?
5. Do you have a bankruptcy attorney?
6. What is the bankruptcy hearing for on the 28th?
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call. Let me know if you don't want a call and I can continue here with an answer.In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.Doug