Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

My boyfriend and I live in a house that belonged to s late

Customer Question

My boyfriend and I live in a house that belonged to his late father. The house was sold at a sheriiff's auction last May but the new owner will just be paying off all the money tomorrow. My question is can he legally only give us 7 days to move out in the state of ohio?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

My question is can he legally only give us 7 days to move out in the state of ohio?

.

In OH, as part of the decree of foreclosure, the purchaser at sheriff’s sale is awarded a "writ of possession". This allows the purchaser to evict the former owners of the home without the need to file a separate eviction case. The purchaser must notify the Sheriff’s Department that he or she desires to have the previous owner evicted. At this point a representative of the Sheriff’s Department will notify the previous owners of the house in question of the date by which they must vacate the premises, usually within two weeks of the notification.

.

.

thanks