Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I am profoundly deaf and will need sign language

Customer Question

I am profoundly deaf and will need sign language interpreting services during n appointment with a local attorney to discuss will and estate planning. So far she is trying to not accommodate me even though I have rights under ADA (American Disabilities Act). Would it be worthwhile to file a complaint with Wisconsin Bar Association? It seems the only complaints they will deal with are fee disputes.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Unfortunately, it is unlikely the State Bar will be able to help on this since they really only address issues where the Code of Professional Responsibility is breached and this isn't an issue involving that. You're certainly entitled to file a complaint if you choose to do so but it's not likely you are going to get any results from it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what I was afraid of. It looks as if though I will have to contact the Office of Civil Rights then. Thanks.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome. I wish I had better news for you but it's probably wasted effort on your part to try the State Bar.

Best wishes to you and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.