Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

2 years ago my dogs got out of my truck as I was on my way

Customer Question

2 years ago my dogs got out of my truck as I was on my way to tKe my Mom to the hospital, as a result they got into a fight with my neighbors dog. My dogs ran through their property and their dog came running out and nipped at my dogs and my dogs bit her several times and the neighbors dog had to have surgery. My dogs are Siberian Huskies and their dog was a chihuahua. So we got a ticket and the bill for the vet, and my dogs were deemed vicious. We built a fence and we have had no incidence in almost two years...my dog supposedly got out and killed 4 of my neighbors chickens. I got a call from a neighbor saying one got out and is chasing the chickens. So I came home and she was in the fenced area and nothing looked Amis so I put her away and went back to work. I get a message from my neighbor saying I'm sorry you have to put your dog down and she identified a black and white dog and the white one was in the yard at the time, but both my dogs are white and black I don't have a all white dog? And the message said 7 chickens but the report says 4? My neighbor said my dog is to vicious and is a danger to children...I have children and I watch 3 children every day before and after school and I have 13 nieces and nephews that stay over ALL the time and I have never had any issues. We can grab food and bones when she is eating it she has never acted vicious towards a human. I got a 2k ticket and they want to remove the dog... I'm hysterical and need to know what to do to keep my dog. I have dozens of people who will write letters and back me up on this ! We obviously feel awful and would never want our dog to hurt anyone it's not like we did this on purpose.
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

So just to be clear your dog never got out and never bit anyone or killed the chickens, and the owner is now refusing to take back the review?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My dogs have never harmed a human and I wasn't there when the chickens were killed and i don't believe anyone saw her actually kill a chicken...I rushed home from work and when I got home she was in our fenced yard??

I see. Do you know how she got into the fenced yard, or do you believe she never left?