P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

When I was 17 in May I went to the hospital and I turned 18

Customer Question

When I was 17 in May I went to the hospital for dehydration and I turned 18 in June I'm now being charged 2 thousand dollars even though i was under my fathers insurance when the event happened. Is that allowed?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

It is allowed for the hospital to bill you, as the patient, assuming you are an adult.

Now...if you had insurance, you can demand the insurance company engage and pay this (or reimburse the cost you have to pay).
But if the question is can the hospital charge you directly?

Yes they can.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.