Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Can a defendant cite what a Judge supposedly said in a prior

Customer Question

Can a defendant cite what a Judge supposedly said in a prior hearing without transcripts, in a cross motion?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
am representing myself pro se for...
I am representing myself pro se for equitable distribution of payments for our son's college expenses, past and future. He has since remarried, and his circumstances have changed.
In addition, our son is still in high school, and has received a scholarship to attend the local community college to take classes in conjunction to high school. I am trying to mitigate the cost of a university degree.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You can cite what the judge said in prior hearings, but if the opposing side challenges you, then you need the transcript to back it up. But yes, you can raise in your pleading and in court what the judge previously stated and you can indeed use that in court.