Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

Thank you! I was hoping I could chat with a Lawyer, cool

Customer Question

Hi, thank you! I was hoping I could chat with a Lawyer, cool site.
I need advice on direction to take...
Oil delivery guy Blew out my Moms tank with extreme pressure. Their Ins co only wants to pay half...
!50+ gallons spilled, 95 was cleaned up, the rest is in the floor. Meanwhile, mom got very ill, chest infection from the fumes, been to emergency room and local doc..
They cleaned the surface but the odor and oil remain...
All we really want is the issue resolved but its now been 10 days and I am worried about her health and very angry nothing has been done..
Pages more, can you help??
Thanks,
Jim Eaton of NJ
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Jim: Sorry to hear about this incident at your mother's home. It would appear that there are two issues involved. The first is the damage to her health, and the second is the damage to the property. Hopefully, your mother's illness is temporary. She should avoid going back into the home before while there are still fumes. Both items are covered by the Liability insurance of the oil company. You should obtain expert evaluation of both the harmful nature of fumes to the person as well as to the property itself. Ten days is very little time for an insurance company to evaluate and act on a loss like that, so be prepared for it to take much more time before it's resolved.