Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

My dog disappear from my home. Some came to my house and

Customer Question

My dog disappear from my home. Some came to my house and took my dog and stabbed with a needle and thew him in a van full of junk and he only had a small space to lie. But he was out of it. We did not see him anymore. As I start looking my daughter Vanessa Wesley start confessing that she had him and took him to work sometime. She then put him on a farm and I can't understand the whole thing. Why did she do that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to bed I will continue in the morning cynthia
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

You can sue your daughter for the cost of the dog in Small Claims Court, plus punitive damages because she stole him. In the law, the civil equivalent of theft is called "conversion." If she knew that you were spending money on training for the dog, you could try to recover that amount, too, since her action in stealing the dog deprived you of the benefit of the money you spent. A Small Claims Court judge cannot order your daughter to return the dog, but it's possible that she would return the dog rather than pay you a large judgment.

You could also try calling the police to see if they will go with you to pick up the dog, if you have papers showing that you are the owner. They don't have to do it, but it's possible that they would. If not, you can sue.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.