LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

In Pinellas County Florida is it legal to rent a house to an

Customer Question

In Pinellas County Florida is it legal for me to rent a house to an illegal immigrant and if so will the contract be binding in a US court
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. You can rent to this person and it is at your discretion to even ask or inquire about them being here legally, in the United States. If a situation arises whereby you have to evict them, it would not be an issue but if you had to sue them for monetary damages and prevailed, it may be hard to actually go after them and collect, since they are undocumented and do not have a social security number, so it may be hard obtaining access to their bank accounts or other assets. However, if you just wanted them out for failing to pay rent, you could rely on the rental agreement which they sign.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!