Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

I won a judgment in 2011 against a couple in a car accident.

Customer Question

I won a judgment in 2011 against a couple in a car accident. They skipped town but relocated back a few years ago and are now trying to sell their condo. How can I put a lien on the sell to collect my money?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Is the condo in the same county as the court in which the judgment was entered? If so you may have to do nothing. Most states have statutes that make judgments automatic liens against real estate of the judgment debtor in the county where judgment was entered. The real estate must be in the same name as the judgment debtor. I hope that this information is helpful and that you will post a positive rating for it. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.