Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

The regular UPS driver lied to s supervisor about me. He

Customer Question

The regular UPS driver lied to his supervisor about me. He claimed I cursed at him using foul language. As a result that supervisor has my name and address on do not deliver to. Consequently I've not received my food orders from QVC. These are long standing orders.
First, I am a 72 YO disabled woman. The real trouble began after my back surgery. The driver was angry because I asked him to set the heavy package just inside my door.& my son would put it away after work.
The food was in styrofoam cooler with dry ice BUT the temp that day was in 90's, I was afraid would spoil.
Is the fact he lied considered libel?
The meat items I was receiving were a God send for me as I live alone, was portioned, and less groceries my children had to shop for me.
As I said I am 72 and a lady. I never in my life ever used foul language as I was accused of, just plain not lady like. Females of today may use it but I consider it beneath me as a lady to do so.
Being unable to lift over a poun
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Lying about a factual issue would be consider slander or libel.

What you probably want to do is contact UPS customer service and file a complaint about the local office and ask them to reinstate your service. Their contact information is at http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/contact/

You can also consider having a local attorney write them a letter advising the local office as well as corporate headquarters that their driver is not telling the truth and as a result you have now been inconvenienced. The lawyer will be able to put it into the correct language and explain exactly how serious this issue is since it involves you being able to get your groceries delivered.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

As an aside, and not really any part of a legal question, there is a company called Schwan's which also does home deliveries and they have a lot of customers who find them more convenient than going to the grocery store. I believe many of their products are also individually frozen and their website is at http://www.schwans.com/ . They have trucks that some around and deliver regularly.