Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Can I rent out my verizon unlimited plan to another person?

Customer Question

Can I rent out my verizon unlimited plan to another person? Is it illegal? I have a corporate account with them, can they cancel my serivice?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

I can't think of any way it would be in violation of any criminal statutes. The only issue that might come up would be if the contract you signed with them contains an assurance from you that it won't be used for any purposes other than your own. If it did contain that then there is a possibility an argument could be made that it is fraud to rent your account out. I don't think it would be a very strong argument or one that a DA would be likely to pursue but it is a possibility.

As to whether they could cancel your service, that would depend on your contract with them but every Verizon contract I've ever seen has a section that allows them to terminate service basically at their discretion so the chances are about 95%+ that your contract has the same language and so they would be able to cancel your service if they found out what you were doing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I attached a file with the document of my service, could you skim it really quick and tell me if I'd be in violation of their terms of service and if I could be taken to court for any reason
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

We're not allowed to review documents under our agreement with the website.

The best I can tell you is that Section 10 would be an issue.