Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I am 71 years old considering marrying some one same age who

Customer Question

I am 71 years old considering marrying some one same age who does not have medicare part B. We both have some assets. Will I be responsible for his medical bills if we get a prenuptial agreement? we both live in Fl.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest, the per nuptial agreement is your protection against being liable for any of each other's debts that are solely in one or the other's names.

Additionally, In Florida, neither a husband nor a wife can now be held responsible to third parties for the necessary maintenance of his or her spouse, unless, of course, said party agrees by contract to be held liable. So you do not want to sign any contracts or agreements by any doctors or otherwise stating you are the Responsible party.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Here is a link and you can read the Florida Case Law on the matter.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you