Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I went through a Divorce and a neighbors friend, Lauren,

Customer Question

I went through a Divorce and a neighbors friend, Lauren, stepped in to help me with my finances. She ended up taking much of my savings including money I set aside to pay the IRS 33,000.00. While I have no agreed contract with her. I have all of the "invoices" that she sent stating she sey aside at least 16,000.00 Dollars. How if, possible at all can I go after her for my losses that were incurred?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lauren sent invoices identifying 16,000.00 that was itemized and GUARANTEED TO BE SET ASIDE to pay a large IRS TAX Bill. I had withdrawn a total of 112,000.00 to pay legal costs, marital debt, childcare, and Unemployment related Livings costs for me and my daughter. This woman Lauren robbed us and has refused to give us our money that we needed to pay a 33K Tax bill
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Could you clarify?

How much money are you alleging that she stole from you?

How did she steal this money?

Have you demanded that she pay the money back?