How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 40019
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 76 years old. All documents shows that my birthdate is

Customer Question

I am 76 years old. All documents shows that my birthdate is sept. 28,1939. At age 73 I obtained a birth certificate which shows I was born sept. 21, 1939. My mom says the midwife entered the wrong date when she filed the paper work. In 1947/48 when I
Was enrolled in Elem. school sept. 28 the date entered thru high school, college, employment and life. What can I do to have the corrections made with Bureau of Vital Statistics?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.Were you born in Florida or where, need the state, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was born in Ga
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Here you go this is from Georgia bureau of vital statistics..

How can I make a correction to a birth certificate?

Obtain a certified copy of the birth certificate from the state vital records office. Circle all changes you wish to make, submit a written request to be provided instructions/procedures for the desired changes. An additional fee of $10 will be required to make the change. Request should be mailed to Special Services, Vital Records,***** NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30319. No information will be provided by telephone for instructions/procedures for change. A review of the record must be made to provide proper instructions/procedures for your individual certificate.

Where can I request a birth certificate?

Certified copies of birth records may be obtained from the state vital records Office, which has birth and death records for all 159 counties in Georgia, or the county vital records office in the county where the birth occurred. The state office and each county office has a public walk in service, however, county offices may be closed on some days of the week or some hours during the day. The state office public counter is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Directions are available by calling(###) ###-####and online here.

For what time period are birth records available?

At the state office birth records were not filed and recorded until 1919. Some counties (Bibb Co., Chatham Co., Fulton Co., Richmond Co.) may have older birth records in their files. County vital records offices may be contacted directly.

How much does it cost to request a birth certificate?

A fee of $25 is required as payment for the search. If a record is found on file, one certified copy of that record will be issued at that time. If no record is found a certified copy of a “No Record Found Letter” will be issued.

You need the certified copy first and then you submit the changes as per the instructions above.Thanks for your patience today

please let me know if you have more follow up.This is a good idea here to correct the information.It will save you a lot of hassles down the road.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Vital Records(###) ###-####/p>

Phone number if you need help here in completing the forms and ordering the birth certificate.

Thanks again Bill.