Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

My girlfriend and I got into a domestic dispute and both t

Customer Question

My girlfriend and I got into a domestic dispute and both hit each other. She then filed an order of protection. About one week afterwards she found me and we have since gotten back together in our apartment. Over a month later the officer she filed the order with, contacted me and said there is a warrant for my arrest and we have scheduled a day for me to come into the police station when I return to the area next week. I had not been contacted about it in the month since she filed it and she does not want the order of protection anymore. Is there a way for her now, since nothing has come up about it and we are both in counciling, to have it removed. What are our options?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Is there active warrant for your arrest and domestic charges pending?

Did you violate the order by having contact with the g/f while order of protection was active?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All I know is that the officer just contacted me and said there is a warrant out for my arrest. I know nothing more than that neither does she. We have been living together still since it has happened-there has been no contact with me made by the police until today which is an exact month after it was filed. Can she have it removed still?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm hoping I didn't spend $50 to have you just repeat my question to me.