LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

My landlord know my neighbor does in first floor have a

Customer Question

My landlord know my neighbor does in first floor have a motorcycle the fuel smell n repairs his doing downs there affect me n my baby 7 months old she didn't doing nothing to stop this person what I can do ?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. When a tenant has an issue that effects their health and safety, right to quiet enjoyment and interferes with their use of the rental, the landlord needs to be placed on notice, in writing of the problem and be given a chance to correct it. In this case, they need to look into what the tenant is doing and the effects it is having and if they are in violation of the lease agreement by doing repairs on the bike, to begin with. If the smell is having an effect on you and your baby, you could have a legal basis to vacate and go after the landlord for the cost of doing so. They should ask the tenant to cease this conduct, since they should not necessarily be doing repairs, if the lease references this and could give them a notice to stop or risk being evicted.