Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer and legal specialist.
20011183

I received a judgement from the court system, the defendant

Customer Question

I received a judgement from the court system, the defendant paid at first and then the payments became sporadic before they stopped completely. What is my next course of action??
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You'll have to take him back to court to do something called a "debtor's exam" where he is forced to answer questions concerning his banks, employment, property, etc.

Then you would be in a position to request garnishment of his bank accounts, a lien on his property, garnishment of work checks and even the selling of certain personal property (in some instances).

This is really the only option when they won't voluntarily pay. You might look into speaking with some local collections attorneys, to see if they are willing to do this action for you. Not all attorneys work with collections.