LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

When a lawyer passes away, are their files referred to

Customer Question

When a lawyer passes away, are their files referred to another attorney and if so, how do we find that attorney? Thank you
steve bohler, Realtor
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. How long ago did he pass away? I assume when you say nobody is there the firm/office closed down?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The last documents I have are from September 2004 and the last known address was 1625 St. Rte 88 Minden NV 89423. We are trying to find a copy of a family trust. The heir has all the death certificates of the mom, dad, brother and the will and almost all the pages from the family trust except the 2 important ones.

Thank you. Once the attorney passed, their files and cases should have been closed out and/or turned over and handled by another attorney. If you never received any notice of this, then you need to contact the Bar and speak with them and explain the situation, since they should have contact information in their system, about who stopped in and took over and where your documents can be located. Here is a number for you to use to contact them. (###) ###-####/p>

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help but we have lost the deal. Take care.

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. Thank you.