ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Can you legally ask someone to do business with you and then

Customer Question

can you legally ask someone to do business with you and then you make donation to their favorite charity
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Yes, absolutely. You can even condition a donation to their favorite charity upon them doing business with you. I'm sure you've seen a number of businesses saying that they will donate X to charity for every item purchased, etc... The same idea is operative here. The only qualifier is if there's a pecuniary interest in the charity (either you or the business partner) that could be seen as improper. That is, if you or the business partner would benefit from the donation, that could still be seen as improper. But otherwise, it would absolutely be legal.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?