P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

My nephew in order to make s case against me that I took

Customer Question

My nephew in order to make his case against me that I took advantage of his dad, my brother because I asked him to co'sign a car loan agreed upon before he went Into the hospital , is saying he remembers when he was young that i didn't want to work then and I don't want to work now. Something someone said or he heard incorrectly because I've worked since I was 16. He pulled his brothers in on it and is saying they all agree . I lived with my brother and his family about a year and
1/2 during that time I worked at 3 different places each one sfter the other not all at oncre. I moved back to Greensboro my daughter was 18 months. He has only seem me minimal times and surely foes not know. Is this slander or defamation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not an actual case against me just a figure of speech
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

Defamation (which includes slander) is defined as "a false statement of fact that harms the reputation of the victim"

So if he is lying about you? And the lies harm your reputation? That would constitute defamation

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.