Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a hearing summary of judgement, what happens if the

Customer Question

I have a hearing for a summary of judgement, what happens if the judge approves the judgement for the plaintiff
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for requesting me. course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

A summary judgment motion asks the Court to enter a judgment on behalf of the party who filed that motion. So if the Judge rules for summary judgment, then there would be a judgment - the case would be over.

A summary judgment is generally only granted if there is no question of law or fact. If there is such a question (of either or both), then it goes to trial.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith by rating me positively.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would the fact that they wrote the contract in my name as a married women, so ensure that my husband was not involved with the ownership ands then they are naming him in the lawsuit be enough to not grant the judge for summary
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

I assume you are the debtor? Then provided that the debtor (or Defendant) is saying "this is not my debt" or "I do not own it because of ___," then this should be enough to pass summary judgment because the debtor is alleging a question of fact or law. See HERE.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm the defendant and I want to get 9 month redemption, my husband removed fron the judgement as he was not on the contract.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

I do not know what you mean by:

"9 month redemption."

Can you clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The contract is writ ten in my name as a married woman, as the sole owner of the property, so why are they listing my husband in the lawsuit.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Possibly because sometimes spouses are liable for their loved one's debts. However, if you say that they have removed him, then this is no longer an issue then, I am guessing.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!