Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

On July 15, 2015, I twisted my foot while on vacation in

Customer Question

On July 15, 2015, I twisted my foot while on vacation in Maryland. I went to Patient First in Maryland. They did an x-ray and said that I has sprained my left foot; that it would be sore for a few days. It was wrapped, I was given crutches and given Etodolac (400 MG) for pain.
When I arrived back in Colorado Springs ... on the July 25, 2015 ... Patient First had called but did not leave a message. I spent several hours trying to learn the reason for their call. I finally found a nurse who pulled my records and said that they wanted to tell me that my foot was not sprained, but "Broken and I should contact an Orthopedic Surgeon!" I saw the surgeon on July 29, 2015, and had surgery on my foot on August 20, 2015 and the surgeon said that there was not ONE Break to the metataser bone ... but it was broken in THREE PLACES!
As of today, October 5, 2015 I am still wearing an air boot. I understand that I cannot prove malpractice (because of misdiagnosis), but is there ANYTHING that can be done?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

The fact is, as soon as it was discovered you were contacted. In that regard, I suggest that because they caught their misdiagnosis, it is possible they will be able to show they did not negate a level of care. And in a mal practice suit, you need to show they neglected to reach the standard of care. Since they phoned you immediately upon thier findings, I suggest there would not be any legal recourse and that you would have a difficult time locating a local attorney to bring a suit, unfortunately.

If you decide to consult with a local MD attorney, you could see if they are willing to fully review the Patient First process for instance, who was reading the x rays - where they qualified and certified technicians? If you can prove that the persons on duty were negligent, unqualified etc then you could have a case based on the negligent care.

I suggest, you also can file a complaint with the Patient First.

Patient First

Attention: Administrative Services

*****/p>

Glen Allen, VA 23060

Outside Richmond(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear of this situation and I hope you are healing.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you