N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

I applied provider wavier though the Ohio Department of

Customer Question

I applied for a provider wavier though the Ohio Department of Disabilities. I spoke with a representative that said that my application was denied because my stepdaughter whom I have no contact with, misused Medicaid (conducted fraudulent activity). The representative stated that the Ohio Revised Code states that if a family member has their Medicaid license revoked other immediate family members cannot be issued license? Why would the entire family be punished?
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Did you ever adopt her?

Did they tell you how to appeal the decision?

Do you know what code section they were referring to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I did not adopt her. Her dad and I have been married for 4 years. She was 28 yrs. old when we got married she was grown. We have interacted maybe 4 times since her dad and I have been married. His daughter did not like me the moment she laid eyes on me.
She had an MRDD agency. However, she did something illegal, I don't know what happened. When she found out that I was going to apply for a waiver she contacted The Ohio Department of Disablities I don't know what she told them. As a result they have lumped me in with her. Even though I have never had any contact with ODD. I have no negative marks, nothing.
The representative rattled off a code, that I guess is under the disabilities act.
How can a family member be punished without any connect to the person? My nephew is 3 years old and is autistic. My goal is to help him,how can this connection with someone I don't know prohibit me from obtain a waiver?

Without knowing what statute is involved, I will opt out and hopefully an Expert in Ohio can assist you. Please do not reply to this post, because that will slow down the other Experts from assisting you.