P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

I live in pennsylvania and in 2007 i was convicted of a

Customer Question

i live in pennsylvania and in 2007 i was convicted of a felony and was inquireing about wether or not it was possible or not if i could own a rifle again? my charge was statuatory sexual assault and was told by several officers that in time it would be
i do not know the laws in pa for this. all my life up to that point my hole family has always owned guns. my father and brother are in law enforcement but they dont know. please let me know...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not proud of what happened and regret everything... i hung around bad people who took advantage of me and ultimately it was my fault i was the adult..
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I am sorry for this dilemma.

Federal law makes it a crime to possess a firearm if you have a felony conviction.

The only way to remove the disability (the only way to allow you to possess a firearm again) would be if you can remove the conviction. At this point, after so many years, the only way to remove the conviction would be with a pardon from the governor.

YOu can see more information on requesting a pardon here
http://www.bop.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/how_to_obtain_an_application_for_clemency/14411

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.