Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I'm a RE agent and this is a first. I have knowledge of a

Customer Question

Hi everyone. I'm a RE agent and this is a first. I have knowledge of a certain piece of land for lease. the landlord is not paying any broker's commission. If I would to find a tenant for a 99yr lease contract on the property, my percentage commission agreement with my client should be based on the total amount of the 99yr lease. comments will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Rick from NY
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

So you are asking if you can negotiate a commission based on the total value of the lease with your client?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, but I guess this question was more for a commercial broker, don't you think?

It is a legal issue, but if you want a commercial broker, we have none on this site and please contact customer service and they will refund your deposit and you can go ask a local commercial broker in your area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks

Best wishes.