Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have somebody who I considered a friend taking advantage

Customer Question

I have somebody who I considered a friend taking advantage of a business transaction I will provably will have to court with this problem I have proof of everything but I was trying to just deal with it in a friendly way and considering her poor health not to cause her problems but during the last 3 years she is been humiliating me in every way she can so I m done.
I advised here that its over but she is the kind of person that is a bully she insults calls people around threats etc I do not want her to contact me or anybody that is around me meaning family etc. Can I give her a formal notice that she is not allowed to contact me or any of the members of my family etc in Virginia is that allowed because I do not whish to press charges. I just want a judge to decide and that is it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a real estate transaction not business
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you can send her a formal notice not to contact you or any of your family members, etc. However, if there is no Restraining Order from the Court, she can ignore your request. You would be forced at that point to either contact the Police or file for a Restraining Order if she is threatening you.