Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Can liquor be served in a resturant before 12:00 Noon on

Customer Question

Can liquor be served in a resturant before 12:00 Noon on Sunday's for a private party?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

What state and county/town/city, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Albany county, town of Colonie, new york
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Please be patient while I do a little research.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

If you are a package or wine store, the ABCL requires that you must be closed to the public: every day between midnight and 8 am; Sundays before noon and after 9 pm; and Christmas Day. If you have an off-premises beer license, you may sell beer at any time except on Sundays from 3:00 am until 8:00 am. If you have an on-premises beer, wine or liquor license, you may not sell alcoholic beverages: between 4 am and 8 am on Mondays through Saturdays; and between 4 am until noon on Sundays. You must not allow any patron to consume alcoholic beverages more than 30 minutes after you are required to stop sales.

See this Link. I do not find any exceptions for private parties before noon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you