Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I have a customer that owes me a considerable amount of

Customer Question

I have a customer that owes me a considerable amount of money for delivery of farm diesel. I sued for collecton of the debt in feb 2015 but tried collecting the debt with out going to court several times. Now his attorney says the Statue of limitations on collection has run out. I have a signed credit application for this customer and have known him and his family and didn't turn the account over to collection trying to be nice.
We are a farmer Co-op and have been in business since 1932 most of our credit is still done by a hand shake. The credit app was signed in 1999 he stopped paying on the account in 2009. But in between 2009 and now I tried to collect the debt Every meeting with him or his son I was promised payment now his attorney says statue of limitation is 4 years in Washington State I say it is 6 years.
on a signed credit app is limitation 6 or 4 years
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Does the application include a credit agreement or is it just the application?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

In other words does the application contain the terms of the extension of credit and the repayment?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Also, when you sued did the court rule on the SOL issue?