Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

FI went to court on March 22, 2010 due to fraud against me

Customer Question

fI went to court on March 22, 2010 due to fraud against me by a unlicensed contractor who
used my Home Depot account fraudulently for in excess of $16,000. He was ordered to make payment to me, but I have nover been able to collect a dime as he has hidden his income even from a collection agency. He recently emailed my daughter to join him on Linkedin with a profile that includes where he claims to be working. What can be done about this. The amount the judge awarded me is$170,266.90.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You have a right to perform a judgment debtor exam of the guy to find out where his assets and property are......or if you could find out where the guy is working, you could issue a garnishment to his employer and capture a portion of his earnings, etc.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Here's a link for a judgment debtor exam form: http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/ej125.pdf

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If you can find out the guy's assets, property, bank accounts, jobs he's working on, etc., then you can issue garnishments to try and recover the money you're due.