N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Experience:  attorney at self
9653905

I am an international student and got recessed from my

Customer Question

i am an international student and got recessed from my previous university. i had been performing badly and was on probation. but i was diagnosed with a neuro cognitive disorder and my last semester there, i was told to go from place to place and they got all kinds of tests done (which i felt they were trying to extract money) and this lasted the whole semester and then they finally chucked me out without any reasoning and didn't even give me the support that i needed being a special case. i want to know if i can sue them for grounds of harassment as i really feel this is a strong case
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i also felt that paying such a high tuition was not worth. it was a big state school and i felt i did not learn anything from it
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

It sounds like they failed to make reasonable accommodations for your medical condition, and you may have a claim under the ADA, see

http://www.ada.gov/

and the IDEA, see

http://www.pacer.org/publications/adaqa/504.asp

but you will need to go over the facts with a local attorney, who can take your information in confidence and advise you of your potential remedies.

You can get a free consultation from some of the civil rights attorneys listed by location here.

Please follow up on this with a local attorney.

I hope this information is helpful.