Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Lucy Could you please review and give me your opinion about

Customer Question

Hi Lucy Could you please review and give me your opinion about the letter I drafted regarding my previous question? Dear Mr J: Thank you for your email. For clarification purposes, the monthly rent is $6,912. The security deposit was only $2000. Also my
address is 17 complete address. I apologize for the delayed response. I was waiting to hear from all people contacted. I feel confident that our deductions are legitimate and can be supported. I wish to remind you that for one reason or another, we were unable
to get timely estimates or locate photos of other damage done to the property and it's contents which would have used up the entire security deposit. If this matter escalates beyond this letter, we will indeed exercise our right and file a counter claim for
the entire amount of damage done to the premises and it's contents which I can assure you, will far outweigh any security deposit penalties and attorney fees due. Additionally, since the lease was drafted jointly and severally, we could just save time and
file our claim against Ms. B and she can file against the other tenants for her compensation. The tenants were notified on more than one occasion that the security deposit would be returned after the receipt of all utilities and were in agreement with this
arrangement. Had I returned the security deposit before the utilities were received, we would have never received our payment. The utility bills that they agreed to pay did not come within the 21 day period and as such, there was a delay in notice and notice
was sent as well as text communications that your clients agreed upon. I would suggest that you contact your clients as to the condition they left the property in. There are other bills they owe besides documented damages from breaching the lease and as such,
if this matter is not dropped, I will have counterclaims that exceed the security deposit claim and penalties. If you are not aware, generous concessions were made throughout the lease which reduced their rent considerably below market rate. We will not make
any more concessions. All the best,
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, but I'm not able to read and review legal documents for customers. That constitutes providing legal advice, rather than just providing information.