Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
19127644

My friend was letting my sister drive her car that was

Customer Question

My friend was letting my sister drive her car that was fixing to go back to the carlot BC my friend bought a brand new car herself. Apparently there was a tracker on the car and my sister woke up to find the car gone today. My sister said she thinks her boyfriend left sum weed in the car. She's worried sick thinking they are gonna charge her or the owner for the weed. She lives in Tx. Can you tell me what she s could do
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. At this point, your sister should say or do anything about this issue. If she is contacted by the police, the best action is just to invoke her right to remain silent and not say anything. She might think she can explain away the situation, but that is just not the case. Law enforcement will use anything she says to build a case against her or whoever they are charging. If she is contacted, or receives a criminal summons, she needs to hire a local criminal defense attorney.

All that said, it is fairly unlikely that the care dealership will bother with calling the police if they find the marijuana. They could, but probably won't. Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If not, then please take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above so that I will receive credit for my work in assisting you. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 29th. For some unknown reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.