LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I used FLATRATE MOVING COMPANY IN NYC to do my latest move.

Customer Question

They stole $ 3000 worth of My childrens toys and want to reimburse me $75 !!
This is an atrocity , I have spoken to their claims dept mgr , etc and they only tell ME
to call the police or have the claim reassessed can you help ?
I don't know what to do this is so unfair their are many more clear details about this story I can tell.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If you believe that they stole from you, you can call the police and file a report. If the movers are charged, restitution would be sought by the State, to make you home. However, the police may say this is a civil issue, if there is no evidence to support it and they deny any wrong doing, at which point it would be a civil issue. With that being said and the value of the claim, you could then proceed and sue them in small claims court, to recover, if they breached the contract and failed to deliver these items as agreed upon and you suffered damages. You can also try and speak with them and see if you can file an insurance claim with their carrier but if they do not cooperate, you need to file suit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did all that ..

And what happened? Where does the matter stand at this point?

Hi are you still with me?