Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Is there someone who can talk to me about what I am thinking

Customer Question

is there someone who can talk to me about what I am thinking of doing re small claims court? Golda Boeck(###) ###-####
I bought a piano earlier this year, paid cash (in checks) --- $32,825, Steinway Model A year 1908 -- from JB Piano Co *****San Rafael. Glenn Woodruff (I think he is the owner) and ***** *****on (I think has an interest in the company, he is in charge of all the accounts) these were the men I worked with.
I had a Baldwin Model M, circa year 2000, Glenn and Mark said they would give me a $5000 trade in on my Baldwin piano.
It occurs to me they never gave me that credit of $5000.
I don't have any paperwork to that effect. Nor that I "gave" them the piano. Nothing.
I went in the store the other day and didn't see "my" old piano, so I think it is probably sold.
I don't have hardly any proof. I am fearful they will say:
1. That the credit was 'factored" into the sale price (even tho it doesn't show as such anywhere)
or
2. that they never received my piano
Can you advise me?
I would be so appreciative. I am 82 years old, if that is any help.
Many thanks. Golda boeck.
My schedule, I leave here at 8:45 for exercise class. Back at this number at 11:30, leave at 1***** appt. Home at 4:00.
(sounds like a Woody Allen movie doesn't it?)
Many many thanks. Golda
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello Golda

This is Samuel.

I don't participate in the phone calls offered by this website. But I can provide you information here.

I suggest you first go in and talk to the gentlemen who helped you. Ask them to show you the credit of $5000 on the sales price. They should have the records of the new piano and it's cost before your credit. And so if it is not a sales price $5000 higher than what you paid, you know they did not credit you.

I suggest the verbal agreement to do so is just as strong as written agreement. And in that regard, I suggest, if you then are not comfortable with what they are showing you and you still feel you did not get the credit, you can file in small claims court.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

But it is best to confront them first so you know for certain it was not applied. If it was not, you can tell them that was the deal and request they do it now. Or you will bring the matter to small claims.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Enjoy your day and exercising and when you return, we can further discuss any other issues you have in this regard here.

Thanks
Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you