Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Do I have a case against a security manager calling me a

Customer Question

Do I have a case against a security manager calling me a menace for not completely stopping at a stop sign ? There is more to this....
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

There would have to be more to it than what you've posted here in order to substantiate any legal exposure to the security manager. This is so because the person is entitled to his opinion about you, and can share that opinion so long as the person doesn't knowingly make a false statement about you. Trouble and liability manifest when false statements are passed off as the truth.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well because of this statement my company suspended me for 6 days gave me a 3 step write up and I can't drive my personal vehicle on the property indefinitely my company is 3 or miles from front gate I also work graveyard shift
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If the statement is false, and the manager knew it was false and passed it off as true, then you'd have a right to sue the manager for defamation. But, if the statement is true.....or if it is the manager's opinion, it's not likely that you'd have a legal claim just because this matter had unfavorable results.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversations so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again.