Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I was believed to met a guy on Match.com, we chat he told me

Customer Question

I was believed to met a guy on Match.com, we chat for 4months he told me he work for automotive dealer buying and selling he also travels outside the US mostly to Ghana, he has ask me to loan him monies, he now returned to the US and will not answer me or return and call, text or email.I need help to have him pay me back. I am so ashamed my family don't no I give him all this money, Can you help me please.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Chances are you will never get your money back. The person you gave the money to is a scam artist. You can report this to the FBI and they can investigate, but unfortunately, the money being recovered is very slim.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get the FBI involved!! it is a lot of money and cc purchases. I have all the money transfer receipts for all transaction.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He told me he will pay me back every penny he borrowed in text messages.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

I understand he promised you. The thing is though, he probably is not who he says he is. Did you meet him in person?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No we chat on line yahoo Messenger, Skype video chat. he was suppose to come to Maryland from Ghana when he leaves on Saturday. but I guess he went to Los Angeles
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

I understand. Unfortunately, he is not at all who he says he is.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

I suggest you report it to the FBI, give them as much information as you have. I am sorry you have experienced this. You are not the first and you will not be the last, unfortunately.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an address in LA and a phone # ***** a name
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even have a returned ticket itinerary for when he returned from Ghana in July
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

You need to give the FBI all that information. If they can track him down, they will. I just don't want to get your hopes up.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Call them and tell them you want to report a possible internet scam.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the # ***** contact the FBI?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

I provide you the link to put in your ZIP CODE to get the office nearest you. Here it is again

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Click the blue link, and then put in your zip code for contact information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it thanks, ***** ***** so distraught over this because I fell in love with him I have hundreds of text messages from him over the four months we have been talking.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

I understand. I am sorry you have experienced this. But as I said you are not the first, and unfortunately will not be the last.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have gotten the FBI # ***** Address in Baltimore and he lives in La would that make a difference as to where he live.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

I suggest you can call either location. It's a national issue since it is multiple states and an internet scam. If Baltimore does not want to investigate they will pass it on to California. Or you can call both.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Thanks. I think I have most of the information I need to start this investigation, I think I will have to see what the FBI says, If I am not please I will try to go to La to do my own investigation, Can I contact you again if I have more Questions, Does the $46 I paid cover this or I have to pay every time I speak with you or some one from the agency. I don't have any money all my savings and credit cards are Max out I am ashamed to tell my Family.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not get your respond to above question!!!
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Good morning.

Your response appears to have come in after I closed out for the night.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

If you have questions about your $46 deposit, please use this LINK and chat with an administrator.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

I do not get paid until you give a Positive rating. As long as your questions pertain to this matter, you can ask follow up questions at this thread.

Thanking you in advance for a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sam I learned rhis morning that the guy who I did not hear from was kidnap in Ghana along with 5 other Mexican and Americans. Sometimes is keeping me informed about his whereabouts.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Right. And I guess he wants money to help with the kidnappers?

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

I can only suggest you consider contacting the FBI today. Now. And report this and they will verify it is a scam. You should not consider sending him any money. It's a scam. And I cannot tell you any different.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he did not ask for anything.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Thank you. So what is the question now?

You asked if you could get your money refunded. And so you now know where he is. Ask him to return your money

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sam. I have been in touch with him and he is coming back to the US today.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Please note that I only get credit for my time and information when you give a positive rating. You can do that and still come back to this thread at anytime as it will remain in Your Question list until you ask to have it closed. Thanking you in advance for a positive rating.

I am happy you have not been scammed and you can get your money back from him when he comes to the US.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** is coming today am happy
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Good luck. And thanking you in advance for a positive rating.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.