Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I was a Victim of my caregiver attacking me Nov. 6 of last

Customer Question

I was a Victim of my caregiver attacking me Nov. 6 of last year. I was Unable to file Charges immediately so in March 23 I drove ( without my Drs. Approval ) to Saguache to file charges and to obtain a Restraining order. I just found out the DA in Del Norte threw the case out. No charges were Ever filed. I currently have 25+ years of personal belongings out there. I lived there for 5 years. I have A lot of health issues going on, and am on a lot of prescription medications. My Dr. Will Not Allow me to drive over the continental divide because of heart problems that have been a factor SENCE November of last year. I rented a car in March and drove to Saguache to File a Case Against John Pulliam. He was my caregiver/ boyfriend for the last 5 years. In May, before Mothers Day I had 4 Heart attacks in one day. Which made it Impossible as well as Time Consuming to keep up on my Personal problems which, more then likely Caused the Heart Attacks. He Made me leave without Anything in the Beginning of Winter. I had ABSOLUTLY nowhere to go. No shoes, clothes, or Any personal items. I'm in DIRE NEED OF A PLACE TO LIVE AGAIN NOW. With living here with my Son, daughter in law and 4 Boys it's Really Cramped living situation that's putting its toll on all family members. I Need HELP I'm on Social Security and Disabiliy and have a Ton of Medical bills piling up. I am the Victim of an Attack, by a person in trust. He is and was AWARE of my Protruding disc pressing on my spinal cord when he ATTACKED ME HE LAID ON TOPOF ME AND WOULDNT LET ME UP. I still have NIGHTMARES About it. I need the back replacement ( I have 58 screws in my spine ) But am unable to Operate now because my heart problems, plus I need my Right hip replacement done also. My name is***** and my phone number is(###) ###-#### Please Help, I don't Know what to do or which way to turn at this point. Thank You So Very Much. Joni
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello Joni

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this situation. The District Attorney always has the discretion to prosecute or not. At this juncture, I suggest that you could consider filing a civil lawsuit for the intentional emotional distress his behavior has caused you.

I suggest, that you might consider consultation with a local attorney to discuss that route. It appears there is a 2 year statute of limitation to file the civil suit, so you have time. If he has any assets for you to recover when you win, I suggest a local attorney would consider working on a contingency.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you