Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a medical question but it's also legal... It's about

Customer Question

I have a medical question but it's also legal... It's about psychiatric records. I have a situation where someone has been using an old power of attorney to get copies of records from my psychiatrist. Of course he denies doing it but here's the kicker... So does my psychiatrist. I have a few ways to prove it but am having trouble getting the doctor to come clean. She billed the insurance company for "interactive complexity" which is an add on code for basically talking to a third party... It's almost always used when a probation officer or guardian has to be involved. One of the requirements for billing it is that the doctor must keep accurate records... I've got all of the records she claims to have but she obviously has more... Any thoughts?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

What is your specific question?

Have you revoked the Power of Attorney by either doing a new one and appointing someone else, or just revoking the old one and sending a notice to the person that his/her appointment has been revoked?