Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

HHGREGG is suing us paying a bill. Spouse lost job and we

Customer Question

HHGREGG is suing us for not paying a bill. Spouse lost job and we have not been able to pay. We negotiated with the lawyer filing the law suit, but they say we will still be served and have to go to court. What are the legal requirements to drop a law suit or can that be done at all?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Further, if you get a message asking if you want to do additional services like a telephone call that message is automatically generated by the website and is not sent from me. I, like most of the experts in the Legal categories, do not do telephone calls due to issues with State Bar rules and other concerns.

What are the legal requirements to drop a law suit or can that be done at all?

The lawyer that filed the suit just has to file either a Motion to Dismiss or a Motion for Non-Suit and then the judge signs the order. It is done every day and is not unusual at all.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

There are no specific legal requirements other than the filing of the motion and the signing of the order.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

If your question has been answered completely then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.